Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Goodness: 11

1) Hiking Camelback Mountain and seeing how beautiful the valley really is (for those of you who say Arizona isn't green, look from above). He created all this.


2) Being able to be a sounding board to my sister. I am blessed to have the same in her.
3) Understanding a little bit more God's love for me...just as I am.

In light of Valentine's Day (and my lack thereof a Valentine. This will be my 24th year without one), I thought I would add a little bit of insight on love. No, not worldly love, but heavenly love. The love that only comes from God. Scripture tells us that "God is love" (1 John 4:8). Replace love with God in 1 Corinthians 13 and this is what you get...
God is patient, God is kind. He does not envy, He does not boast, He is not proud. He is not rude, He is not self-seeking, He is not easily angered, He keeps no record of wrongs. God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

 God never fails.


Did you know St. Valentine was a Christian martyr who spread the love of God in prisons?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

umm...I thought I was your valentine? I mean we have a date!

Shey said...

Yeah, yeah you are, but what would Drew say?