Friday, May 21, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Today I accept a job with the Young Life Southwest Region. A week ago, this position didn't even exist. Five days ago, I didn't even know it existed. Three days ago, I thought I was going to be pursuing my masters come August. And two days ago, God had me at His feet in wonder and awe. For the first time in a year, I feel like my life has direction and I feel freed in that. I have learned so much during this time of waiting. Much of these lessons, I have yet to figure out. My life is about to change and change fast. As I step into this new journey in my life, I am excited to see how God challenges, stretches, and uses me. Woooohooo...it's going to be a fun ride!
Today these are things I am praising Him for:
Good friends who love me
Peace which transcends all understanding
Joy that only comes from Him
They will be given over to the sword
Monday, April 12, 2010
I know, I know...it has been nearly a month since I last posted. For those of you who love me enough to be faithful to this little cyber thing...I am oh so sorry for boring you with my life.
Today as I was driving to my office and on a slightly more serious phone call, a Scottsdale Unified School District "short bus" drove through the intersection in front of me. There in the front seat was a sweet little boy with his window down about half way and his face outside of the window. At first it seemed as though it was a common thing to see, given I have seen my fair share of yellow buses in my life being the Mountainside Middle School official crossing guard for nearly a year. This was no ordinary head-hanging-out-of-the-window sighting. No, this little boy, maybe 6 or 7 or 8, had his eyes closed with a huge grin on his face. He looked just like little puppy on the way to the dog park so excited that his jowls are flapping and his slobber was streaming down the windows and doors of his owner's car.
His simple joy made me giggle and interrupted my phone conversation. SP understood, though.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
1) Old friendships made new again. God has the ability to redeem.
2) A catch up coffee date with Kathy. She is one of those friends that speaks straight into my soul.
3) TNDC. We are making our way through the New Times Best Phoenix Restaurants. So far, we have three down. Yummy food is the best!
1) In finishing up my paper for the Pastoral Counseling class I took in January, I was reminded of few things: I am chosen. I am valuable. I am purposeful. I am a sinner. God's grace is all I need. Simple, yes, but nonetheless, truth.
2) Watching 60 high schoolers get pumped to get hunted down and then nailed with a water balloon.
3) Driving around town with the windows completely down and Patty Griffin up.
Friday: Having dinner served to us as a WyldLife family. We are blessed by the Ujanos.
Saturday: So much to celebrate! A great hike for Brooks' 35th Birthday and a fun 80's bridesmaids outing in Old Town Scottsdale to celebrate Katelin's last days as a bachelorette.
Sunday: Family. I am so fortunate to have a family that loves me. Here is where I know I am purposeful.
Friday, March 12, 2010
1) Memories of all the fun shenanigans I had living in the Young Life House. I was so blessed to have such a great college experience with good people.
2) Feeling like I was back in college again being on the U of A campus. I don't miss "school," but I do miss the school atmosphere.
3) Having great conversation and experiences all day long with friends.