Monday, September 28, 2009

Sweet Sweet Sweet Whispers

So you might be asking yourself from my last post...what are those other words??

The other set of words that accompanied "You are blessed" have been "Wait on the Lord."

When these set of words first started to reoccur in my life, every part of me wanted to ignore them. I found myself responding to God (with my actions, not my words), I don't want to wait, God. I have things to get on with in my life. I think I can do this with out you.
Silly me...God did not let me get away with this.

I have come back to His feet over and over again since all my crazy travels this summer. Wondering, questioning, doubting, curious...what do you want from me God?
A couple years ago, I was introduced to the Shane and Shane "Psalms" album (if you don't have it, get it. It may just change your life). One day a couple weeks ago while I was getting ready and listening to my iPod on my handy, yet very stylish mint green lamp/iHome speakers, "Waiting Room" came on. It was as if His whispers became a firm command. I stopped, got out my journal and wrote, prayed, cried, sang. I know, it sounds cheesy, but I guess this was His way of speaking straight to my heart.

He is the "author and perfecter of our faith." This life isn't about me, but about Him. He gives me breath and a pulse. He has blessed me. It hasn't been easy, but obedience in waiting never is. 

So for now, I sit and wait.  I have no clue what the Lord has next for me. I am scared at times, but I am reminded to "wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD" Psalm 27:14. Why do we walk with the Lord knowing that He is in control yet take it on the tasks of our own lives as if we are the ones in control? I guess we are only human...flawed and sinful. But this is the glory of it, He is what this life is about. He loves us and pursues us the same. He has greater plans than my own. It's as simple as that.

Lord, I want to join you in this adventure of my life. Help me to fearlessly walk each day trusting your plan for my future. I may screw up, forgive me. Mine is yours.

0 comments: