Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Behind the Tinted Windows: Drums on the Steering Wheel

With my job, I am in my car a lot driving from one Young Life thing to another. Often times, I witness the most odd and laughable things while looking out the window of Milo (my Mazda3 in black micah). So to deter my sometimes unnecessary road rage and find joy in the simple things, I decided to post whenever something unusual happens while looking at the world from 'behind the tinted windows.'

The other day after I had just finished getting my volunteer food handler's license, I pulled up to a stop light and heard someone honking very enthusiastically. I couldn't tell if some was extremely pissed off, a car alarm was malfunctioning, or someone was just having a good time. I looked around at my surroundings and behold, it was option number 3. The boy driving the car next to me was playing the jembay on his steering wheel. The sound I was hearing was the beat of the song he was playing in the car. The funny thing is, his music was too loud for him to hear the honking noise he was making with his rhythmic hands.

His joy and oblivion gave me a smile.

Thank you jembay steering wheel playing boy.

0 comments: